Most feather and down-filling bedding is easy to care for. Here are a few tips in order to ensure you can enjoy your bedding for a long time.
- Ventilate your bedroom and bedding regularly and thoroughly. This reduces humidity in the room and bedding and creates an environment that is hostile for mites. Allergy-sufferers should make sure that bedding is only ventilated with open windows or outside on pollen-free days.
- Correspondingly labelled down and feather bedding can be washed at 60 °C using a neutral, mild detergent and dried in a sufficiently large dryer. Please make sure you use a detergent that is suitable for down, without brighteners or bleach; wool detergents achieve good results.
- Do not use very old bedding. It is recommended that bedding is replaced every 8-10 years.
- Feather and down-filled duvets can also be inspected, cleaned and re-filled in specialist stores.
- Care recommendation of the German Textile Cleaning Association (DTV):The Bonn-based German Textile Cleaning Association recommends professional wet cleaning of summer and winter bedding once per year. Pillows should be washed more often that duvets since the head sweats more.