The European Down and Feather Association (EDFA) promotes the interests of its members through regular reporting, the provision of written information and targeted committee work on current issues as well as advocacy with authorities, administration, politics and the public.
Opinion making with members is carried out through regular meetings, telephone and video conferences and newsletters. The annual general meeting provides a summary of current developments and decides all formalities, such as board elections, budget approval, etc.
According to the articles of association,
- companies from the bed feather industry
- companies from the bedding industry
- companies from the ticking industry
- companies from the chemical industry
- test institutes
may apply for EDFA membership.
The services available to EDFA members include the following work areas:
- Regular information on the progress of work on the European standardisation of feathers and down.
- Assistance with the establishment of standard-compliant labelling for the filling material.
- Training and seminars on applicable testing, definition and specification standards for down and feathers (at renowned test institutes or on members' premises).
- Active participation and consultation on adopted standards and/or those under development.
- Exchange of experiences in the application of adopted standards as part of an international technical commission.
II. Scientific studies and consulting services
including on the following issues:
- House dust mite allergy
- Microclimate under the duvet
- Feather harvesting
- Duvet comfort
III. Business (policy) issues
- Information on current import and export regulations
- Statistics (import and export)
- Representing the interests of members vis-à-vis international organisations, government entities and working groups.